Just as there are many frame materials – metal, plastic, and more – there are also different types of lens materials of which eyeglasses are made. It’s all about matching your personal wants and visual needs to today’s high tech lens materials.
Advancements in technology have allowed for the development of many specialized lenses. Polycarbonate lenses are thinner, lighter and more impact resistant than conventional plastic lenses. Hi-index lenses are thinner and have better optical properties. Polarized lenses reduce glare and as a result cause less eye fatigue. And photochromic lenses have chemical coatings that allow them to transition from light to dark when moving from indoors to outdoors
There are also many coatings and tints that can enhance your vision, improve the overall appearance of your lenses and make them more scratch resistant. We also offer the newest progressive lenses (no-line bifocals) and computer glasses.
Don’t hesitate to discuss your specific needs with us. We will be glad to recommend lenses that will enhance your lifestyle whether it is for work, sports, safety or general use.
- Shamir Desk Top Variable Focus Lens are an excellent second pair to compliment your primary pair of progressive lenses.
- The Larger intermediate area greatly reduces pain and discomfort caused by visual fatigue.
- Included No-Glare treatement eliminates eye fatigue experienced from glare caused by overhead lights or poor lighting conditions.
Anti Reflection Coating
- Anti-glare coatings allow you to see better, look better, and feel better about your glasses.
- Crizal ® is an advanced anti-glare lens that will make you look better, and make living with eyewear easier.
- Crizal ® lenses significantly reduce glare, glare doesn’t reflect off the lenses, so the lenses appear virtually invisible. Let the world see your true self.
Your eyes are the windows to your soul, and Crizal lenses let you express who you are. Crizal lenses stop reflections, so that people can see your eyes clearly. Now, you can always look your best- wherever life takes you.
Driving / Sunglasses
- Drivewear lenses are capable of sensing and reacting to varying light conditions both outside and behind the windshield of the car.
- From bright sunlight accompanied by intense, blinding glare, to overcast inclement conditions, Drivewear lenses provide the wearer with the appropriate visual solution.
- Drivewear lenses provide glare protection through polarization and enhance and protect vision through photochromics which are stimulated by both visible and UV light.
- Finally, by combining the strengths of two of the most important technologies found in eyewear and sunwear today we have developed the lens of tomorrow, Drivewear.